DE LA HOYA APOLOGY MAY PAVE WAY FOR DONAIRE’S RETURN TO THE RING


PhilBoxing.com




The public apology of Oscar De La Hoya to Top Rank promoter Bob Arum and pound f or pound king Manny Pacquiao has been gratefully accepted by Arum and indications are it will pave the wcay for WBC/WBO bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire’s return to the ring. 
Donaire’s planned unification fight last May 28 against WBA champion Anselmo “Chemito” Moreno was scuttled after Donaire signed up with Golden Boy claiming a breach of contract by Top Rank for failing to give him three fights a year under their agreement. However, Arum explained that Donaire had been suspended for post fight injures on two occasions and there was no way Top Rank could keep its commitment. 

Arum told the Daily Inquirer “I accept De La Hoya’s apology and am grateful for the apology.” 

De La Hoya who is undergoing rehabilitation for substance abuse at a California facility apologized on his Twitter account to both Arum and Pacquiao who filed a case in court against De La Hoya, GBP CEO Richard Schaefer, Floyd Mayweather Jr and his father Floyd Sr over claims that Pacquiao was on performance enhancing drugs. 

De La Hoya said "Dear Bob Arum first I would like to humbly apologize for any pain I have caused to you and or youre family. I also want" want to apologize to Manny Paquiao for any wrong doing in my part.you are a great champion. I have realized that by accepting my mistakes everyone around me will hopefully forgive me." 

Arum hinted at a resolution of the Donaire case which is being handled by former judge Daniel Weinstein who arbitrates all issues between Top Rank and Golden Boy. Arum said “I think we’ll probably see that (a resolution) by next week.” 

He said “I can’t get into it now because there was arbitration and mediation but there’ll be news coming out next week.” 

Meantime, Donaire’s mother-in-law Rebecca Marcial said Donaire was in the gym training in a clear indication that he wants to stay in shape for his next fight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment