Vic Darchinyan: it was Donaire who refused clash planned for 2010

PanARMENIAN.Net - IBO bantamweight champion Vic Darchinyan commented on WBC and WBO bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire’s accusations.
“It was Donaire who refused a clash planned for 2010. He stalled for time, during contract negotiations which lasted for almost 6 weeks. I will ask my manager to discuss the situation with Donaire’s manager,” Darchinyan said in a conversation with a PanARMENIAN.Net reporter.
Earlier, WBC and WBO bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire reacted to Vic Darchinyan’s calls for a rematch. According to Darchinyan, Donaire has been refusing him a revanche match for 4 years.
"Last year, August 21 was the scheduled date for us. Three months before that he pulled out, saying I signed the contract too long, but it was three more months before the fight. And the first fight we had, I signed the day of the weigh-ins. He just didn't want to face me. They said that he didn't want to fight me right now,” Donaire told
“He called me out after his fight against Perez and you know what? He's actually growing a little more balls to call me out and really mean it. But I'm not here to talk. I'm here to fight. I'm not here to call out anybody. Well, I'll call out anybody when I have to, like when I did with Montiel, because I really wanted that fight. But I'm here to fight anybody. So, whoever they have in front of me, I'm more willing to exchange with them leather you know?" he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment