Donaire to begin training for Oct. 13 bout with Japanese


World Boxing Organization/International Boxing Federation super bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire is in Honolulu, Hawaii en route to his training camp at the Undisputed Gym in the Bay Area and will begin training right away for his Diamond Belt showdown with World Boxing Council super champion Toshiaki Nishioka at the Home Depot Center in Carson City, California on Oct.  13.
Donaire told the Manila Standard he will leave for Las Vegas with wife Rachel and then drive to California to begin training right away, since he may be a little behind schedule.
The four-division world champion said he would have about two months of preparation, which would be good enough because.
“I am already getting into shape fast, because I don’t do any of the bad stuff like drinking. I ran for 40 minutes this  morning and I didn’t even get tired. I know I’m going to get into shape fast and my body is accepting all the training we do,” he said.
Donaire added he is currently around 132 pounds, 10 pounds over the super bantamweight limit, which should be no problem.
The Filipino Flash is coming off a comfortable 12-round decision over South Africa’s Jeffrey Mathebula from whom he won the IBF title also in Carson City last month, in the process breaking his foe’s jaw in two places.
Donaire said that he is not training under Robert Garcia in Oxnard, where the latter is handling Brandon “Bam Bam” Rios, who battles Mike Alvarado.
“I  have never gone to Oxnard. Robert visits us in San Carlos,” said Donaire, who revealed that he generally handles his own training and concentrates on strength and conditioning which he said “is pretty much what I do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment